Learn to Facilitate Your Own Coaching Session
Submitted by Sydney Lentz on Tue, 07/19/2011 - 16:08
Purpose for the Coaching for Leaders
- Provides objectivity, honesty, candid feedback and guidance.
- Makes self-development a priority.
- Ties individual efforts to business objectives.
- Teaches internal partnership, trust and understanding.
The Coaching Relationship
- It is a joint responsibility - between you and your employees, your clients or your customers.
- Needs to be tied to business objectives and improvement targets.
- Facilitated by open-ended questions, honesty and joint problem solving.
- Translates individual insight into action.
- Coaching may involve sharing confidential information.
- It is important the leader can trust that the information will not be shared inappropriately or without approval.
- If information needs to be shared, there is an agreement regarding what, when, how and with whom it is shown.
|Coaching Model.pdf||231 KB|